Blogs > Nhregister.com's Boys Hoops Run to the Sun

Follow all the nhregister.com coverage of boys high school basketball throughout the state on their way to Mohegan Sun Arena, the site of this year's championship weekend, March 15-16.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Payen chooses Hofstra


Hamden Hall forward Darren Payen will play at Hofstra Tuesday, choosing the Colonial Athletic Association school over Northeastern and St. Bonaventure.

Payen, a 6-foot-8 Milford resident, averaged 18 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks for the Fairchester League regular-season and tournament champions. Payen is a two-time Register All-Area selection.

Two players from Fairfield County will also be playing in the Colonial next season: Timajh Parker (St. Joseph) and Terry Tarpey (Fairfield Prep).

“It came down to where I could see myself being the most comfortable the next four years and what team I could see myself playing for over the next four years,” Payen said. “I can now relax knowing I picked a good school academically and where I can play Division I basketball at a high level.”

For the full story, check out nhregister.com later this evening or Wednesday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home